- Communicating science and technical information to non-scientific audiences
- Creating visual designs and communications products on topics related to wildlife, climate change, and the environment
- Exploring “user experience” as a key process for problem solving and tool development
- Supporting and promoting organizational development
- M.A., Public Administration, 2013. George Washington University, Washington, DC.
Specialization: Environmental Policy and Management. Capstone: Exploring Incentives for Commercial Green Building Practices and Recommendations for Frederick County, Maryland.
- B.S., Environmental Science, 2009. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
Minor: Marine Science. Capstone: Assessment of Sustainability Courses and Faculty Research at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Before starting at the U.S. Geological Survey, Holly developed her skills in communications and organizational development by working in several different organizations in Chapel Hill, NC and Washington, DC. Holly has a life-long interest in environmental stewardship and management and strives to use her skills in communications and problem solving to promote environmental awareness and good decision making.
Holly is originally from the foothills of western North Carolina but is now currently enjoying life in Missoula, MT!