Cas enjoys exploring wilderness in his free time and is the child of two foresters who both got their degrees at the University of Montana along with his uncle Jack Kendley, who worked in forestry for 31 years. The apple doesn't fall far from the family tree.
Cas is particularly interested in:
- The implementation of laws such as the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Environmental Policy Act with regard to community consultation and collaboration in land management.
- The implementation of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act as it applies to online publications, as well as disability rights in general.
- Efficiency in administrative procedures and data entry.
While at ALWRI, Cas was involved in:
- The final publication of "Aldo and Leonardo: A wilderness science and art collaboration," a general technical report seven years in the making.
- Ensuring Section 508 compliance for ALWRI's newest publications and beginning the task of ensuring compliance for ALWRI's database of nearly a thousand publications dating back to 1968.
- General office administrative work, including data entry and cataloguing.